It’s been quite some time since my previous post here. But that’s what happens, when I get into the carousel of work, shootings, business trips and short holiday travels, in between. It’s no wonder having own business make you busy and even though it’s mostly good kind of being busy, I’m glad I finally found some time to sit down, pour into my thoughts, write a new blog post and share with you these fresh “summer in the city” outfit photos.
I think the middle of the summer is the right time to put serious topics aside and focus on what summer is about. Frivolous joy. When we are concerned about building our careers and paying annoying bills, sometimes we tend to forget it really doesn’t take a rocket science to experience feelings of pure happiness and joy.
As a reminder for myself and hopefully an inspiration for you, I put together List of Frivolous Joy!
- Enjoy the refreshing shower a little bit longer on hot summer day.
- Inhale the smell of perfume for few seconds while putting the drop on the wrist.
- Listen to the Touch and Go, specifically the song Straight to Number One.
- Have a good hair day, every day. Let’s be honest. We are all the vain creatures and it feels good to charm the world with the best possible version of our hair.
- Let the breeze slightly ruin that hair, close your eyes and let it caress you.
- Drink lot of lemonade. I prefer the one with no sugar, but few leaves of fresh mint make it perfect.
- Sit at the coast, letting waves to tickle your feet.
- Get a new dress. And shoes. And a bag.
- Wear big earrings.
- Take a beauty treatment. It can be a face mask, teeth whitening, applying serum for eyelashes. Or everything.
- Wear something that make you look like you came straight from the Sex and the City.
- Wear red high heel sandals.
- Eat seafood pasta. I know I mention this quite often, but it has been proven, that pasta makes us happier!
- Go for a walk after the summer storm and breathe deeply that amazing air.
- Take a beautiful photo.
- Have a nice small talk with an interesting stranger.
- Discover new pretty coffee shop.
- Spend long time in design shops and boutiques, even those with too expensive items, just to take a look at those beautiful pieces, and get inspired. Design furniture and home decor showrooms are the best.
- Go to the gallery and look at the paintings until you decode, what the artist wanted to express.
- Read a detective thriller.
- Watch your favorite series you have already seen before.
- Read the stories about my favorite figure skaters.
- Browsing images on Pinterest.
- Take the horse riding class.
- Visit Rituals shop.
- Dance with Martin.
- Meet a close friend, get some drinks, tapas and make fun of our lives, including weird people that crossed our way since we have seen each other last time.
- Have the impossible conversation with my family, while noshing some good Lebanese food.
- Get a massage.
- Finish the day with a glass of Prosecco on the terrace.
OUTFIT: JUMPSUIT/ from HERE, styled with SHOES/ DEICHMANN, LEATHER BAG/ bought in Italy, jewellery/ bought in Lebanon, SUNGLASSES/ bought in Liverpool
This outfit and styling is a pure expression of the frivolous joy. It’s a good combination of bold color and simple, yet refined design. To make the whole look even more fresh and playful, I paired it with the red sandals, matching with one of the jumpsuit’s color and the bag, matching with another. Striking earrings, John Lennon style sunglasses and the youthful hairstyle seemed to be an obvious choice. What do you think?
So, this is my list of frivolous joy. But I’m really curious, how’s yours? Which are those little pleasures, that effortlessly make you feel it’s beautiful to live in this world? Please, share with me, in the comments! And don’t forget to have a great summer.
© Creative direction and editing: DANIELA RIFAI Photos: DANIELA RIFAI, MARTIN JESNY